Great Thunder Plans Great Dane Exploration

VICTORIA, BC, September 7, 2017 – Great Thunder Gold Corp. (TSXV: GTG) is pleased to announce that Mr. Donald Théberge, Qualified Person for the Company’s Great Dane Project, has completed a review of historical work and current activities in the Windfall Lake Gold District of Quebec.

Great Thunder’s 5,212-hectare Great Dane Project adjoins Osisko Mining Inc., Beaufield Resources Inc. and Melkior Resources Inc.’s properties along strike and adjacent to Osisko’s Black Dog Project in the Urban-Barry Gold Camp.

The Great Dane Project is located at the tip of the end of the basalts of the Macho Formation. Further east, this formation contains the Souart 1 and Barry deposits. This formation probably represents less than 10% of the property, but is a prime target for gold exploration. The remaining 90% of the property is underlain by the Barry Complex, which is made up of meta-sediments and tonalitic gneiss in the area covered by the property. A past airborne magnetic survey revealed several magnetic high anomalies; one of which strikes northwest-southeast, probably representing the contact between the meta-sediments and the tonalitic gneiss, which has been drilled by only one hole. Another magnetic anomaly strikes northeast-southwest and lies close to the boundary of the claims, and is still unexplained. Finally, in the western part of the property, an anomaly striking northeast-southwest lies close to the Masères Fault. Several other anomalies on the property remain unexplained. These magnetic anomalies represent good targets for gold exploration.

The Great Dane Project is at an early stage of exploration with excellent gold prospects. Mr. Théberge is developing a Phase I exploration program for the project and the Company will provide complete details of its plan in the coming weeks. An integral part of that Phase I program will be a helicopter-borne magnetic and electromagnetic survey over the entire Great Dane Project to determine the contacts between the rock formations and generate targets for comprehensive exploration. Additional geological survey work and sampling is also planned for the near future.

Great Thunder’s President, Kevin Whelan, said, “Great Thunder is excited to launch its autumn exploration program for its Great Dane Project. Management is particularly encouraged by the recent results from nearby exploration, including Osisko Mining’s ongoing drill program which yielded up to 35.4 g/t gold over 4.0 metres cut, as well as Melkior Resources’ Masères Project soil sampling program in which the first 92 samples yielded assays of up to 76 ppb gold.”

The technical contents of this release were approved by Donald Théberge, P.Eng., MBA, an independent Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101.


Signed “Kevin C. Whelan”

Kevin C. Whelan, President

Direct line: (250) 474-6640